Agents of Mirth
A Nonprofit Cosplay Organization for Good!
Leonard B. Robinson (September 28, 1963 – August 16, 2015) was known as the Baltimore Batman after dressing up as Batman and visiting children in Baltimore, Maryland-area hospitals. He gained fame in 2012 when a video of him being pulled over for an issue with a license plate went viral.On August 16, 2015, he was killed along Interstate 70 when his parked vehicle was struck by another motorist.
Robinson’s death sparked a thought; if one man in a costume could do so much good, what happens when it’s a dozen, or two, or even more?
Who Are The Agents of Mirth?
The Agents of Mirth is founded on the principle that through cosplay good people can be heroes. It can provide cosplayers an opportunity to use their enthusiasm for costumed performance to do good; promote goodwill, to combat the darkness that has become routine, and to be an unknown hero to many by simply being there.
The Agents of Mirth have three missions:
- To get together socially and trade notes about how we craft things.
- To support established charities.
- Random acts of Mirth and goodwill; flash mobs and costumed gatherings that simply make people smile and have fun.
- The Agents of Mirth is a fully incorporated 501©3 charity. We are strictly not for profit.
- The Agents of Mirth appreciates all forms of cosplay. We encourage crowd friendly costumes and props.
- Missions will often be announced with ratings forewarning agents of what type of costumes would be appropriate.
What does it take to be an Agent?
- Be at least 18 years old; liability will not allow us to take on agents until that age. Members, who have children can bring one along for each family member who is an Agent. They will be considered junior members and are not required to have memberships. Their parental unit is the legal guardian and are responsible for their junior agent.
- Be able to pass a criminal background check. As we will be dealing with the public and children it would be irresponsible to not assure the public that an Agent has not been convicted for any questionable or inappropriate behaviors.
- Be fun. Have fun. That’s what this is all about.